Valerie Woodard is a Psalmist/Singer, Songwriter and Actor. She began singing at age eleven and soon after, united her love for music with the love of Christ and a desire to serve Him. Valerie’s aspiration is to touch, and encourage the hearts of man through her gift and anointing.
She shares the intimate details of her experiences with Christ through what she has termed “LifeMusic”: Spiritually uplifting music for the mind, body and soul. In Addition to writing for herself, Valerie also writes for other artists, choirs and theater through her publishing company PsalmTree Publishing.
Valerie’s first CD project, Relationship, included the radio singles ‘This Joy’ and ‘You Are The One God’. That album was released on Whole Armor Recordings (owned by her husband and manager, Vincent Woodard). Valerie is preparing for the release of her sophomore album, ‘Relationship II: Closer’ due fall of 2014.
Has Shared the stage with:
- Yvette Williams (Kurt Carr Singers), Ben Tankard, Dewayne Woods and others.
- Purlie: Luttiebelle Gussie Mae Jenkins
- Afric’s Muse: Keisha, Mother, Phyllis Wheatley’s friend
- You Wouldn’t Expect: May Rivers, Temperance Hedgepeth
- ECMA (Excellence in Christian Music Academy) Award recipient
- H.R.H.A (Hampton Redevelopment and Housing Authority) Hall of Fame Award recipient
- Divine Showcase Guest Artist (Divine Concept Group)
- American Music Guild (AMG) Heritage Award Nominee (Female Vocalist of the Year)
- Apollo Theater (Harlem, New York)
Manager: Vincent Woodard
Phone: (252) 292-6928
On the web
Facebook: Valerie Woodard